Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sleeping beauty told from the princess' point of view.....FAIL!

Of course with it being Hollywood they have to cash in on what is called a "pre-sold franchise" when they see one. And I know I mentioned earlier this week that its better to take a new approach to an old idea than it is to just flat out remake it, but come on....I meant do it in a creative way! Not a flat out stupid one!

First off, if for some strange reason you don't know the story of sleeping beauty....it's about a princess who can only be woken up by true love's kiss. She receives that kiss later on from a prince and they live happily ever after. Anyways on to my rant.....

How do you write a movie about a sleeping princess....from the princess' point of view? I don't exactly know but someone seemed to pull it off.

When I first saw the tweet about this from IMDB I thought to myself "Oh great a movie of nothing but blackness." Once I looked further into it I found out that it is actually about the princess' struggle to fight through the dream world to wake up. The only problem I see with that is there is really no connection between the princess' dream and the prince kissing her....

We all have seen how these rehashed fairy tales seem to play out with the total bomb of Red Riding Hood, and with the looks of it there is A LOT more to come. I honestly hope Hollywood gives up on this failure waiting to happen....

/endrant

more information here from a writer who seems to have the opposite opinion on the matter
http://collider.com/hailee-steinfeld-sleeping-beauty/83067/?_r=true

No comments:

Post a Comment