Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Hangover Part II trailer thoughts

Well if you've checked in to the bigger sites already such as IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes you probably know that the teaser trailer for The Hangover Part II was released today and I have to say it doesn't look half bad.

I really hope they can pull off a sequel, because The Hangover was one of the better comedies I've seen in awhile. I'm not a huge fan of the comedy genre, because lately they all have become lame and are only worth a few laughs. The only movies that seem to make great comedies are animated features. The Hangover though was one of those comedies that just....worked. The story was ironic, the characters were hilarious, and it was strong all the way until the end. Lets hope that Todd Phillips can stay that strong with the sequel.

Really the only information you can find on the movie is "Phil, Stu, Alan and Doug travel to Bangkok for Stu's wedding." -IMDb. Which is what really sucks about a teaser trailer, you don't really get much from it. From what I saw, I really cant tell whether this will be good or bad, but I really don't like Galifianakis' haircut in this one, but that's really the only negative thing I can say about the teaser trailer.

Usually when Hollywood decides to make a sequel to a movie it doesn't turn out well, and while I hope that The Hangover Part II proves that wrong, I just don't see it being as big of a hit. We get the story, a group of friends wakes up after a hard night and tries to find their friend and recover their memory from the night before, but I'm afraid if they take that approach it's just not going to be as memorable. When you do the same thing in a different setting, it just....loses the irony and cleverness that the first one had.

I'm not saying this won't be funny, I'm just saying I don't think it will be as hard hitting. Tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment